University of Maryland

Taking Courses Outside the iSchool

"*" indicates required fields

Instructions Current iSchool graduate students who wish to take a course from a different department/college at University of Maryland should fill out the form below if you would like to request that that course count toward your degree program. Please note: you will need a copy of the course syllabus for the course you wish to take. If you do not have a copy of the course syllabus, you will need to contact that instructor to get a copy of a current or recent syllabus (within one academic year). Students may take graduate level courses relevant to their degree from other departments at the University of Maryland, College Park. Graduate credit is given for 400, 600, and 700-level courses. Graduate credit is not given for 500 level courses. After this form has been submitted, please allow 5-7 business days for the form to be reviewed and for a decision to be made.

Which iSchool Program are you in?*
Include Program Code, Course Number, and Section Number. (For example: INST111, Section 0201).
Accepted file types: pdf, doc, docx, Max. file size: 2 MB.